Counselling Study Group
Study Group sessions are held at KCPC’s Study Centre. Students meet in small groups with instructors for additional skill-building exercises, demonstrations, and discussions related to treatment planning, case management, ethics, and career development.
Study Group sessions are scheduled to meet during each 3 week course. Enrollment is optional and open to all KCPC students, graduates, and practicing counsellors. Seating is limited to groups of 6 participants. Added fees apply.
Who can attend?
- New students enrolled in the online program… increase your confidence with additional hands-on practice of important foundation skills.
- Continuing students… practice makes perfect; take your skill proficiency to the next level.
- Returning students… refresh previously learned techniques.
- Professional development credits are available for practicing clinicians.
Do the sessions count toward my final grade?
- Yes, supervised activities count as credit toward equivalent DE assignments at the discretion of the instructor.
- Participation in the Study Group sessions fulfills the requirement for an equivalent number of volunteer hours per course.
Provision of the Study Group is based on a minimum enrollment of 6 participants. Fees are refundable if the study group is cancelled.
Contact the Admissions office to register. (250) 717-0412.